Honeywell

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Tough Management crowd. Lots of Ego Issues

Former Employee - Engineer in Cranston, RI
Former Employee - Engineer in Cranston, RI

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only normal behavior exhibited by my manager was on the day he interviewed me, and on the day that I was laid-off.

Cons

The benefits were expensive, the quality of the management team is scary. Poor large capital management decisions are made on a weekly basis. It is a revolving door for operators--they are treated like cattle. Inventory laden site with no real leadership.

Egos need to be left at home.

1858 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

A solid brick and mortar employer to work for: 11 years at 2 divisions.

Former Employee - Electronics Technician
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cross-training and making best use of current skills while improving weaknesses. Strong, consistent performance of technicians and engineering with an old school "roots" feel. Enjoyed interactions and positive vibe. Employee empowerment.

Cons

Large temporary workforce makes it a fight for permanent positions. Engineers and assemblers treated as upper and lower classes with no middle class for technicians as they are viewed as a non-value added commodity. A tech implies a problem within the process attitude. This is very subtle and my only Con. Most might not notice. Oh, you can golf your way up the ladder. As a PGA sponsor they love golf - unfair to those who don't. Minor Cons.

Perhaps keep a keener focus on accountability concerning deliverable's. Basic checks and balances on paperwork. Awareness of workers environmental challenges differs globally and impacts time management. No solution in place for adjusting workload impacted by "how hot it is". Global expectations on receivables are all same and needed flexibility of mentioned items depending on site by site factors

Enjoyable, except for below average salary

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Deer Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Deer Valley, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere during working. Working from home is allowed.

Cons

Salary is below average, but this could be due to the economy. Promotions are based on length of employment, with little regard for the quality of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell