Honeywell

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Title of the Review

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am able to work a flexible schedule and have the opportunity to travel often. I also get along quite well with the engineers at my level

Cons

The benefits are not very good and they appear to be getting worse every year. Upper management seems to be completely disconnected from the employees.

1919 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Challenging but not people friendly

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technical excellence in many fields. Stable company with many employment opportunities. I was able to lead my team without hovering supervision.

Cons

Honeywell leadership did not support entry level managers, supervisors and wage earners as well as they could. It has become an enormous bureaucracy making change impossible unless it was driven from the top.

Listen to the little people who generate the revenue.

Good To Great To Poor - AlliedSignal to Honeywell changing times

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, generally secure jobs (though I was laid off after 21 years), decent pay, exciting work (aerospace), of course good people to work with over the years.

Cons

The last 3-5 years management became quite ruthless, and I'm sure that came from the top (CEO), Dave Cote. The many of the type of managers put into place at the President and VP level were un-caring, malicious, deceiving, un-trustworthy; I know because I was victim of such a situation. I should have brought a law suit, but instead tried to move into another position; three years later during the lowest of the economy I was laid off (I had just turned 49...).

Nothing to share that they don't know, unfortunately, they just don't care about anything but the top, and are running many good hard working, caring people out the door, or worse into poor health. We will all need to answer to the injustices we create at some point...

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell