What is going on?

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with some great people. Very diverse and respectful place to work. We make interesting and cutting edge products. Fantastic work enviroment. Productivity increases from the Hon Operating System and other intiatives have been great especially the last two years. 100% paid for generic drug prescriptions with out the deductable. Top mangement, CEO and Division presidents seem very capable and nice people. BUT...

Cons

Very little to no raises in 2012. NO RAISES for everyone in 2013. Company stock is doing fantastic. Just annouced a 10% dividend increase. So why no raises? Health Insurance is super expensive. Just announce 5% increase for health and dental. We pay more than 400% more for a high deductable health plan ($3000 family deductable) than I paid for the exact same plan at my last employer. And my last employer was a significantly smaller company than Honeywell. Employees suspect since Honeywell is self insured for health care that the company actually makes money on us. Maybe this is not true, but the company does not share that information, so how do we really know. Top executives including CEO got HUGE bonuses, stock options, long term growth awards, private jets etc. and we got no raises, no bonuses. Other benefits are average at best. NO health club benefits Very little starting vacation even for very senior people. NO Bonus for most salary people unless you have people reporting to you., NO Holiday Bonus, lunches, free turkey etc. If you fly for work and go all the way to say China, it is in coach.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth! Give a raise for 2013 or at least put more $$ in our 401k match or Health Savings Account. If this keeps up I think you are going to see a hugh turn over and it will effect customer service and delivery.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great compensation, too much politics

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked there many years, and enjoyed it for many years. Had good managers who supported me well and was well compensated.

Cons

At the end of my time there the organization became very political. One needed to be sure you never disagreed with your boss, even if you had the best interests of the company in mind.

Advice to Management

Need to learn to tolerate responsible dissension, offered with the best interests of the company in mind.

4 bosses in 3 years

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay decently though health insurance isn't amazing.

Cons

people are missed and forgotten in reorgs. very slow to pay incentive pay sometimes.

Advice to Management

Be decisive in reorganizations - multiple changes took months to finalize only to change later. Don't force personal political beliefs down to employees.