Honeywell

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

What is going on?

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work with some great people. Very diverse and respectful place to work. We make interesting and cutting edge products. Fantastic work enviroment. Productivity increases from the Hon Operating System and other intiatives have been great especially the last two years.

100% paid for generic drug prescriptions with out the deductable.

Top mangement, CEO and Division presidents seem very capable and nice people. BUT...

Cons

Very little to no raises in 2012.
NO RAISES for everyone in 2013.
Company stock is doing fantastic. Just annouced a 10% dividend increase.
So why no raises?
Health Insurance is super expensive. Just announce 5% increase for health and dental.
We pay more than 400% more for a high deductable health plan ($3000 family deductable) than I paid for the exact same plan at my last employer. And my last employer was a significantly smaller company than Honeywell.
Employees suspect since Honeywell is self insured for health care that the company actually makes money on us. Maybe this is not true, but the company does not share that information, so how do we really know.
Top executives including CEO got HUGE bonuses, stock options, long term growth awards, private jets etc. and we got no raises, no bonuses.
Other benefits are average at best.
NO health club benefits
Very little starting vacation even for very senior people.
NO Bonus for most salary people unless you have people reporting to you.,
NO Holiday Bonus, lunches, free turkey etc.
If you fly for work and go all the way to say China, it is in coach.

Share the wealth! Give a raise for 2013 or at least put more $$ in our 401k match or Health Savings Account. If this keeps up I think you are going to see a hugh turn over and it will effect customer service and delivery.

1853 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

I just retired after 35 years of service because honeywell can't figure it out!

Former Employee - Group Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are opportunities if you connect with the right people and you actively seek out chances to do more. Group leader jobs now go through an interview process instead of just giving to the most senior employee, so employees who just want more money aren't in charge.

Cons

Company is really top-heavy; lots of VPs reporting to other VPs, reporting to directors, who report to executives, yet the employees who actually make the products and support the products work an insane number of hours each week because they are understaffed. Hit your numbers, hit your numbers, yet the office people waltz in whenever they want, then walk to mcdonalds every morning, then leave any time they want. HR is a joke, entire HR team has turned over twice in the last 5 years and they refuse to help the employees with anything, that is, if they are even around, they are almost never at the office. I don't want to call some phone number for help with benefits, you help me! That is HR's job! No flu shots, no holiday dinner, no five dollar honeywell calendar, none of it. You can't just take, take, take. At some point, you have to give us something, or something will give on our end!

Redistribute resources to where they are needed. Less design engineers, more production engineers. You talk about lean, actually follow it and eliminate about half of the "directors" and "vice presidents". Remember that a lot of your employees are also stockholders, you wouldn't treat your stockholders like crap so why do you treat employees like crap?

A pretty good place to work.

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

This is one well oiled machine.

Cons

The culture has changed. The Allied Signal legacy employees were the most professional, ethical, collegial, results driven folks you'll ever meet. It's a softer, more political place now.

You've hired some real boneheads in HR.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell