There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

A pretty good place to work.

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

This is one well oiled machine.

Cons

The culture has changed. The Allied Signal legacy employees were the most professional, ethical, collegial, results driven folks you'll ever meet. It's a softer, more political place now.

You've hired some real boneheads in HR.

1713 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

I just retired after 35 years of service because honeywell can't figure it out!

Former Employee - Group Leader  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are opportunities if you connect with the right people and you actively seek out chances to do more. Group leader jobs now go through an interview process instead of just giving to the most senior employee, so employees who just want more money aren't in charge.

Cons

Company is really top-heavy; lots of VPs reporting to other VPs, reporting to directors, who report to executives, yet the employees who actually make the products and support the products work an insane number of hours each week because they are understaffed. Hit your numbers, hit your numbers, yet the office people waltz in whenever they want, then walk to mcdonalds every morning, then leave any time they want. HR is a joke, entire HR team has turned over twice in the last 5 years and they refuse to help the employees with anything, that is, if they are even around, they are almost never at the office. I don't want to call some phone number for help with benefits, you help me! That is HR's job! No flu shots, no holiday dinner, no five dollar honeywell calendar, none of it. You can't just take, take, take. At some point, you have to give us something, or something will give on our end!

Redistribute resources to where they are needed. Less design engineers, more production engineers. You talk about lean, actually follow it and eliminate about half of the "directors" and "vice presidents". Remember that a lot of your employees are also stockholders, you wouldn't treat your stockholders like crap so why do you treat employees like crap?

Do you like being abused?

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay may be slightly above average. Some opportunities for movement within company.

Cons

This company has the most unrealistic expectations that I have ever witnessed in my career. It became worse everyday. They cut about 15% of staff in 2009 and continued to not replace other retiring workers. They outsourced labor to Puerto Rico, India, and Mexicali but the outsourcing was handled so poorly that workers at the site had to perform the tasks themselves, which added more burden. The workload became unbearable for those left to pick up the pieces. There is also a culture of verbal abusiveness, yelling etc. The louder you can yell at your staff, the more likely you are to be promoted.

Listen to your employees and look at the talent you continue to lose because of your unrealistic demands and abusiveness.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!