There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

A pretty good place to work.

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

This is one well oiled machine.

Cons

The culture has changed. The Allied Signal legacy employees were the most professional, ethical, collegial, results driven folks you'll ever meet. It's a softer, more political place now.

You've hired some real boneheads in HR.

reviews filtered by

Great compensation, too much politics

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked there many years, and enjoyed it for many years. Had good managers who supported me well and was well compensated.

Cons

At the end of my time there the organization became very political. One needed to be sure you never disagreed with your boss, even if you had the best interests of the company in mind.

Need to learn to tolerate responsible dissension, offered with the best interests of the company in mind.

Get your act together

Current Employee - Not Disclosed
    Current Employee - Not Disclosed

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Understand this is based on being a contractor in one of the Arizona plants.
    Security is ridiculous in some ways and yet totally lax in others (no consistency).
    This company is HUGE and you are just a microbe in its enormous body. I never understood how big until I started working here. If you think you can get in to this company by getting your foot in the door as a contractor think again. Almost everything is outsourced, from the janitors to IT. Most of the offices are dreary and lifeless, Contractors do not generally get anything resembling an office, you will be luck if you get a desk. The company you contract through will have to supply you with just about everything. Office supplies are nearly non existent even for direct employees. Policies and procedures are mired in bureaucracy and red tape. Documentation of procedures are usually wrong or outdated but you are required to use them. If what they say to do does not work or is confusing the problem is with YOU. Direct employees rarely admit errors. Training of procedures often degenerates in to arguments between contractor managers and honeywell "instructors". Internal software has been customized and never works as documentation says it should (Remedy). When trying to communicate with plants in india accents can be so thick as to be unintelligible. Email is deleted from your mailbox automatically on a regular basis (oh was that important? too bad!). Propaganda monitor displays are everywhere. The company is very dilbertesqe.

Why bother giving them advice, they don't care, and won't listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell