There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Publicly owned & it shows

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Office setting is clean & secure, co-workers made working there enjoyable, coffee provided

Cons

Processes are slow & involve too many people to get your job done. Management lacks knowledge of what their employees do. Top heavy. Preach customer service but main goal is looking good for the shareholders. Very little help for career path plans, continuing education, etc.

1707 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Eye-Opening Experience at Honeywell

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Honeywell offers a flexible work schedule.

Cons

Honeywell lacks career-pathing and continuing education geared towards individual self-development outside of its standard online training courses.

Growth occurs only when management focuses on and utilizes it's subordinates assets and sets the stage to be a mentor to its team.

What is going on?

Current Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with some great people. Very diverse and respectful place to work. We make interesting and cutting edge products. Fantastic work enviroment. Productivity increases from the Hon Operating System and other intiatives have been great especially the last two years.

100% paid for generic drug prescriptions with out the deductable.

Top mangement, CEO and Division presidents seem very capable and nice people. BUT...

Cons

Very little to no raises in 2012.
    NO RAISES for everyone in 2013.
    Company stock is doing fantastic. Just annouced a 10% dividend increase.
    So why no raises?
    Health Insurance is super expensive. Just announce 5% increase for health and dental.
    We pay more than 400% more for a high deductable health plan ($3000 family deductable) than I paid for the exact same plan at my last employer. And my last employer was a significantly smaller company than Honeywell.
    Employees suspect since Honeywell is self insured for health care that the company actually makes money on us. Maybe this is not true, but the company does not share that information, so how do we really know.
    Top executives including CEO got HUGE bonuses, stock options, long term growth awards, private jets etc. and we got no raises, no bonuses.
    Other benefits are average at best.
    NO health club benefits
    Very little starting vacation even for very senior people.
    NO Bonus for most salary people unless you have people reporting to you.,
    NO Holiday Bonus, lunches, free turkey etc.
    If you fly for work and go all the way to say China, it is in coach.

Share the wealth! Give a raise for 2013 or at least put more $$ in our 401k match or Health Savings Account. If this keeps up I think you are going to see a hugh turn over and it will effect customer service and delivery.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!