Honeywell

www.honeywell.com

This review is for the Honeywell Process Solutions division only -- people are good, compensation is poor

Project Engineer I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people and team camaraderie is excellent. I've met many great people here -- employees and managers. The work flexibility and extremely casual and laid back environment is probably the most recognized perk here. Employees are allowed to work remotely, there's no strict work schedule, and attire is casual.

ConsThe strategy at HPS is extremely focused on cost reduction. As a result, much of the work and manufacturing is now outsourced and employee compensation is extremely below market average (especially in Houston, TX). The 401(k) matching has been reduced and the healthcare coverage is not impressive. The result is plenty of employee turnover and some instability within the organization. One can expect to have a different superior annually.

Due to the outsourcing especially for the large and global projects, it is highly recommended to avoid working on these projects since the experience one would hope to gain will instead be gained by someone overseas. Local projects are recommended instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementHPS needs to increase employee compensation and benefits if they want to reduce turnover. HPS management is brilliantly executing their cost reduction strategy given the high quarterly numbers of late, so this advice will likely fall on deaf ears.

Business lead working style, very efficiency with cash management.

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Business lead working style, very efficiency with cash management. Cons: Less sharing between business unit, and less communication in function… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Marketing Manager, Customer Facing Events

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Melville, NY

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Received the Marketing Best Practice Award for success in creating a plan to reach… Cons: They do not encourage internal growth of employees. Their health insurance is very poor.… Advice to Senior Management: Show your employees that you care! Sometimes little things can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Honeywell.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!