There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

It was an easy job.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Drum, NY
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Drum, NY

I worked at Honeywell full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back and flexible schedule. Could come in over the weekend and make up time.

Cons

Too many periods of down time. Easily bored.

Advice to Management

Needs more organization.

reviews filtered by

Mixed Thoughts

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Honeywell FM&T has great work/life balance, and most employees/managers are very nice to work with/for. Pay levels are excellent. The new building is quite nice. The National Security focus is a great motivator to know that products for some aspects of the business are benefiting our soldiers and the defense of our country.

Cons

In the words of one of the managers, "HR rules the world." The HR department is one of the worst I have ever worked with. The 9-Block rating system instills distrust (and disgust in most instances) amongst peers (read previous reviews). Unless you're well connected, promotions can be difficult to get.

With the introduction of the "9-block" and increased Corporate influence, the culture has morphed over the past 10 years from a family-oriented, enjoyable working environment to a more watch-your-back mentality. It's sad to have witnessed this transformation at the hands of Corporate greed. It used to be such a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

I don't think any advice would work, because FM&T processes that have lead to this transformation are Corporate governed, and I don't see Corporate's policies changing any time in the near future, unless Corporate leadership changes.

Happy in Honeywell

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

The benefit package is above average. They treat all levels of employees the same. The leadership ensures all people are kept in the loop with the most updated information.

Cons

HR department unwilling to go to bat for mid-level managers. Progression is limited to one pay step per year. Ensure the ability to progress to the desired positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell