There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

It was an easy job.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Fort Drum, NY
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Drum, NY

I worked at Honeywell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back and flexible schedule. Could come in over the weekend and make up time.

Cons

Too many periods of down time. Easily bored.

Needs more organization.

1733 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Mixed Thoughts

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Honeywell FM&T has great work/life balance, and most employees/managers are very nice to work with/for. Pay levels are excellent. The new building is quite nice. The National Security focus is a great motivator to know that products for some aspects of the business are benefiting our soldiers and the defense of our country.

Cons

In the words of one of the managers, "HR rules the world." The HR department is one of the worst I have ever worked with. The 9-Block rating system instills distrust (and disgust in most instances) amongst peers (read previous reviews). Unless you're well connected, promotions can be difficult to get.

With the introduction of the "9-block" and increased Corporate influence, the culture has morphed over the past 10 years from a family-oriented, enjoyable working environment to a more watch-your-back mentality. It's sad to have witnessed this transformation at the hands of Corporate greed. It used to be such a great company to work for.

I don't think any advice would work, because FM&T processes that have lead to this transformation are Corporate governed, and I don't see Corporate's policies changing any time in the near future, unless Corporate leadership changes.

Hostile Work environment

Former Employee - Process Engineer III  in  Northford, CT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer III in Northford, CT

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of my co-workers where good people to work with. Benefits are completive with other companies. But no higher!

Cons

Not much good to say. Management ignored a hostile work environment allowing it to go on despite weekly verbal and written documentation. I was told to just be the bigger man and live with it. Most of the people, good people, have given up on trying to do a good job or improving. Almost all of the long time employees I got to know are just riding out the job until retirement because of a good retirement plan that has long since been changed for newer hires.

Follow the policies you preach. Most everyone, especially management, is just checking the boxes as complete with no real adherence to the letter or spirit of the management directive.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!