There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

They change everything...

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Have not seen any yet.

Cons

Purchase companies.
Change everything.
Do not want to hire anyone or fill open positions.
Do not seem to care about the "Little Guy."

Pay attention to the happiness of the employees and less focus on "Cash."

reviews filtered by

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. If you company is targeted for acquisition....RUN!

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

401K program is good. Vacation time is good

Cons

Process, process, process. That good 401K plan still is not back up to full match since it was cut during the recession. I am always so busy that I do not fully enjoy my vacation time worrying about the things I need to be doing at work. So much for the pros.

Our CEO goes on media outlets talking about how the US needs more engineers, but the mandate is no new hires in the US. Hypocrite. Our site is asked to grow by rather large amounts each year. We are doing it, but no additional help. The production workers have been working unsustainable amounts of overtime for far too long. Everyone you bump into (including myself) looks like the company has broken them.

Stop adding new layers to upper management, cut the process overhead and let your people come to work and do the good job that they want to do.

2. Felt like Pluto, we weren't even a planet anymore!

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Since I worked with nobody at my location it was easy to work from home. Very good, mature infrastructure for virtual work. The facility and area are very nice.

Cons

If you're not in Phoenix, you don't exist. Worked the same system for 7 years, re-doing each year as leadership and mood changed. The vast time zones made for some interesting work hours.

Stick with something long enough for it to get used and improved.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell