What do YOU want?

Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highly matrixed organization creates an environment where too many stakeholders do not know what resources are available, who controls those resources, what are the capabilities of those resources, are those resources performing, along with what is the true business need or value stream. If you are politically savvy, you can thrive and garner advancement at Honeywell Aerospace since most in the network do not know what you do and cannot validate your value add due to their lack of knowledge of how business get done at the business unit. This matrixed orgranization also means that those you support do not directly affect your raises and employability. So returning to the title, if you want to rise through the ranks you can, if you want to learn technology you can, if you want to do little beyond nurturing you network to stay employed you can. What do you want?

Cons

Cons are highly subjective and as such are highly personal. Over my service years, the only con I consistently see is that entry to mid management performance results consistently prove that they are not leaders. Their results simply reflect macro economic conditions versus implemented strategies. A reliable personal success prediction tool is teasing out what ensures your manager will get his bonus regardless of enterprise initiatives, stakeholders needs, corporate policy, and on remote occasions the law, then deliver. You will have a long and successful career as a 1, 2, 4, or high 5 performance rating. Three years of 4s and counting.

Advice to Management

If Cote and the business unit executive leadership could see what I see. The energy, costs, and time invested to tailor the message to top management to hide, mislead, or conceal often dwarfs the efforts and contributions to solve problems and create shareholder and customer value. Mr. CEO, SBU Presidents, your message and leadership are being neutered.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very fortune 100.

Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great name recognition. Honeywell has great legacy brands that everyone recognizes. Great people in all businesses.

Cons

Benefits cut year over year. Focus on off shore really hurts the core business.

Advice to Management

Focus on innovation. Invest in the people you have.

I'm still here but NO room for advancement..

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with the company from the Allied Signal days --which were the best. Have possibly too much to lose (retirement) if I leave now, otherwise I would be gone.

Cons

If you are a minority, you're not going anywhere I've realized. Good old boy system still alive and well here. The insurance is the WORST I've ever seen or heard of for manufacturing jobs.

Advice to Management

Instead of sharing survey results from year to year and doing nothing -- make some changes where you see the problems are..