There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Lots of challenge and variety but limited advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Credit Analyst in Plymouth, MI
Current Employee - Senior Credit Analyst in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Working for Honeywell Turbo Technologies provides the opportunity to learn a wide variety of concepts and to develop many different skills. The people I work with are generally very professional and respectful in their attitude, and focused on achieving common performance goals. There are also opportunities to move from one business to another within Honeywell.

Cons

One downside is limited advancement opportunities. Another downside is the lack of a bonus program for non-management employees. Another downside is only 2 weeks vacation for non-management employees. Another downside is the increasing trend toward moving jobs from the U.S. to developing markets such as Mexico, which seems to be more of a short-term cost saving advantage than a successful long-term strategy.

To try to be more in touch with the issues affecting middle management and non-management employees, especially those issues which might impact performance metrics.

1767 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Overall Satisfied with experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Work/Life Balance was good at some points. Senior Leadership was very good at communicating. Compensation was good, but the work load was sometimes too much.

Cons

The expectation for some positions were, please have a Masters Degree - we don't care if you know how to do the actual job, just have a master's degree. Seems very obsurd for those who had the on hand work experience and did the position extremely well, but did not have the Masters Degree.

Focus on mentoring more. Open lines of communication.

Honeywell is a good company with opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Honeywell gives employees great opportunity to travel around the world when necessary to visit co-sources in other countries or team members that you have worked with virtually. There is so much work on conference calls that you lose the people connection so traveling is a key component. I like the way Honeywell enables managers to direct their own resources. I feel that I have a direct responsiblity to make my team successful with the clear goals that my manager provides. I feel challenged in the work that I do because of the aggressive goals that I am asked to meet. It makes the reward (often small monetary "bravo" bonuses) feel earned.

Cons

Many people are often expected to know more than your job description initially entailed. People work beyond their strong knowledge areas and often is harder on them and not as rewarding as it may not be where their interests lie. I believe that this eats away at morale due to the time it takes people away from their friends and family outside of work. Because we are global there is a lot of time spent doing these heavy workloads outside of normal office hours. As these resources hit burnout and leave, we are unable to hire externally in many cases which only increases the burden on current employees or forces us to hire internally from a pool of resources that might not be the most qualified for that position. I know this isn't the case in all of the Honeywell groups, so take this with a grain of salt.

Recognize when you're overworking people because they will leave to find other opportunities - freezing hiring is not always the best option.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell