Run!

Former Employee - Direct Care in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Direct Care in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Hope Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

they generally keep homes looking clean.

Cons

Hard work with many varied duties. Very low pay. Dangerous environment. Uninvolved managers and Favoritism of one staff over another. downsizing that adds to your responsibilities. Non rewarding work, to me. Inability to help sometimes due to resident's rights. I personally felt I did excellent work with not only no recognition of that, but suffered consequences of untruths. I felt depressed most of the time.

Advice to Management

Get involved! come out of your office and know your residents and employee problems!, and assure every single one is resolved by first hand involvement. discipline managers that destroy incident reports and do not report consumers harmed to recipient rights.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

New Employee

Current Employee - Advanced Residential Instructor in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Advanced Residential Instructor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Hope Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was quick and effective Amazing support from talent aquisition Felt very comfortable with the training process and the management that I would be interacting with on a regular basis Tuition assistance with grad school so long as the degree is in something that could be used with the company

Cons

Mildly disconcerting reading some of the other views posted on this site The pay isn't fantastic, but its not terrible either Would have appreciated further information about the demographics of the population most commonly being served.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities outright to ask questions. I was never not given an answer to a question, but I had to hunt down the right people to ask.

Very convenient job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Hope Network (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some great people. My boss was understanding and the job was very flexible.

Cons

Pay was terrible. The trainings did not equip us to handle every situation they allowed in the programs, which was very dangerous, especially since the funding only allowed for one person on shift most days. The residents and some staff were rude and disrespectful.

Advice to Management

Spend more money on employees and you'll keep them longer, especially for what we go through.