Horace Mann

There are newer employer reviews for Horace Mann

Great workplace

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Hiram, GA
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Hiram, GA

I have been working at Horace Mann as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

flexible work schedule and time management

Cons

may need to work longer evening hours

provide better personal attention to contract employees

62 Other Employee Reviews for Horace Mann (View Most Recent)

my experience at horace mann presented me with many challenges and opporunities

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orange Park, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Horace Mann

Pros

niche market, good reputation, longevity, financially stable,team atmosphere, good support from upper management, unlimited income potential and autonomy based

Cons

downside is you are a captive agent, lited to selling to educators price was on automobile insurance, and no longer provides health insurance to employees

diversity to allow other people other than educators to purchase horace mann products and a more competitive tier pricing structure

Run New Agent Run

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Horace Mann full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Field Sales Leaders are useless. They sit back and collect a nice 100K-120K a year for doing nothing!! The company could trim the fat by eliminating the FSL positions. Talk about company waste! Horace Mann has become a "little Allstate", as all the higher ups are ex Allstate employees. They are coming in and getting rid of the old regime and replacing the people they got rid of with their Chronies from Allstate. In addition, Horace Mann is no longer endorsed by the NEA!! I wonder why?
    Horace Mann is getting rid of veteran agents, so they could save on paying them benefits. They are bringing on agents that lack the experience to do a great job. They are bringing on agents that have to pay eveything themselves (1099) and by doing so saving the company money.

Get rid of the Field Sales Leaders and that is where Horace Mann will save the most money and will become hero's to the shareholders. That is what this is all about.

There are newer employer reviews for Horace Mann