Horizon Air
www.alaskaair.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Horrible company

Ramp (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Horizon Air full-time for less than a year

ProsImmediate supervisors on the ground level are really fantastic, and seem to actually care about their employees. Young work environment, decent travel benefits, although sub-par for industry standard.

ConsUnorganized!!! Of several issues, this was the worst: I worked for Horizon Alrines from May to August, and the only paycheck I ever received was when I went to HQ and told the payroll department they'd have to call the police to get me to leave, or cut me a check, because I didn't have the gas in my car to get any further. They finally cut a check for less than one week's worth of hours (this was about two months into my employment) and assured me the rest was on it's way. Needless to say, that's the ONLY check I ever received. When I called in twice because I didn't have the gas to get to work (because I was three months behind on paychecks), I was fired for "attendance". I had prior airline experience for a much larger airline in another state and had left them in good standing. Upper management didn't seem to understand that there was any problem with employees simply not being paid for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees. If there's a problem with payroll, solve it quickly. You're lucky I couldn't afford a lawyer at the time.

Horizon is an exciting airline to work for, but only if you want to work in the aviation industry.

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)
Billings, MT

I have been working at Horizon Air

Pros: Horizon is pretty loyal to its employees and strives to… Cons: Due to the recent economic times the pay was low. This is understandable but at the… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership seemed to be competent and was constantly striving to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to Work

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)
Spokane, WA

I have been working at Horizon Air

Pros: Benefits - Company paid (for employee) Medical, Vision, Dental with low… Cons: Relatively low pay compared to other "Legacy" carriers, but then we don't have the issues they have.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Horizon Air.

Worked for Horizon Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Horizon Air reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Horizon Air CEO Brad Tilden. All reviews posted anonymously by Horizon Air employees.