Good Job for what it is, but a strong company

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

Pay was good
Company car
Lots of Perks ie cell phone, home cable paid for, and good benefits
good training and continuing training
Great people-management is nice and your co-workers are good (some people suck but that's everywhere you go)
You get to travel

Cons

The future growth in the sales program is a bit limited. If I were to have stayed with Hormel in sales I would still be doing what I was doing when I first started. There is no difference between an entry sales position and a senior sales position except for the pay and territory size. If you have aspirations of moving into corporate be prepared to live in Austin (no not texas, which would be cool), Minnesota and go to Torgies everyday and live next to your boss. There should be the plant in Austin with corporate in Minneapolis where there is a good living situation away from the job.

I think management was great however there should be more employee involvment and more understanding of women and minorities. Hormel is somewhat whitebread, and wheat tastes good too ;-) Overall I liked my experience with hormel and I would recommend that someone start off their career with them.

Other Reviews for Hormel

Positive

Current Employee - Data Center  in  Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Data Center in Austin, MN

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

benefits, nice people to work for

Cons

can be forced to take a shift that is less than pleasurable until seniority is established

Keep doing a good job.

Fun and creative

Current Employee - Researcher  in  Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Researcher in Austin, MN

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

They encourage personal growth and you have the opportunity to be creative. The lab managers are wonderful and easy to get along with.

Cons

I cannot understand accents well and so workign with people who speak other languages as their primary language made it difficult for me.

None, they are all doing a wonderful job with what they have been doing so far. Thank you for the experience!

There are newer employer reviews for Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!