Hormel
www.hormelfoods.com Austin, MN 5000+ Employees

The only thing I liked was a free move to another state..

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsTravel -you will definitely have to relocate
Pay- above average compensation for those that are fresh out of college.
Food- You get to eat a lot of Hormel product for free.

ConsI don't think there is enough time in the day to describe how absolutely disgusted I am with the false advertisement this company sends to recent college grads. They make you believe that as a sales rep you are going to have opportunity for "growth' and be well respected...competely false. You literally are a bacon salesman going from one foul kitchen to another while carrying 70 pounds of food on your shoulder in a bright red bag. This is all you will do, ever. With every new "title" you receive, you are doing the same thing, just now you have to go into a lot more dirty kitchens since you have an expanded territory.

Side note, if you are of "ethnic" background, run for the hills. This is the most non-diverse, backwards company you will ever encounter. All men run it, and they treat minorities horribly. I am so happy I left this for another job opportunity. Heed the warning, explore all of your options before you become a meat salesman for life.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think it matters what I write here since all of management are buddies and congregate at corporate in Austin, Mn over beer and small talk. But if they do glance over this, they need to do a complete assessment of all area managers...most are worthless.

Not a good position to accept if you want to do real engineering without a promotion

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: Hormel has great pay and benefits. They are accommodating to days needed off. They… Cons: The position of maint. engineer is not an engineering position as they make it out to be, it is a glorified supervisor. Maintenance is… Advice to Senior Management: Let new people know what to really expect for their future within the company. Everybody comes in looking to advance to something more challenging… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The people at Hormel want to groom you from the ground up to work in the company your whole life.

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: -The benefits are great -The pay is decent -The people you work with are awesome most times -There is tremendous opportunity for advancement within the company -Due to the… Cons: - long...long...LONG hours - due to the size and the way the organization is set up, there aren't very many people to work in each of… Advice to Senior Management: - Calculated risk is good, but it seems as if this company rarely takes risks at all. I think taking more risks and putting the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hormel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hormel CEO Jeffrey M. Ettinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Hormel employees.