Hormel

www.hormelfoods.com

Great Company

Director (Former Employee)

ProsHormel is a great company. 50% of the company stock is owned by a charitable organization (Hormel Foundation). They have a long range focus. Not next quarter.

ConsHormel promotes from within, but will force you to relocate. If Hormel purchases a new company, then future managers will be transfered from within Hormel and into the new acquisition. Employees from within the acquisition are rarely promoted (why I left).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Again, this is a great company. They have a long range focus. They are stable. They believe in safety, training, and decent pay. People are generally friendly, hard working, and intelligent. Senior managers also take the time to talk to the troops and let people know what is going on in the company. The CEO even goes aound once a year to most locations to shake hands and thanks people.

The only thing I liked was a free move to another state..

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Hormel

Pros: Travel -you will definitely have to relocate Pay- above average compensation for those that are… Cons: I don't think there is enough time in the day to describe how absolutely disgusted I am with the false advertisement this company sends to… Advice to Senior Management: I don't think it matters what I write here since all of management are buddies and congregate at corporate in Austin, Mn over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The people at Hormel want to groom you from the ground up to work in the company your whole life.

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: -The benefits are great -The pay is decent -The people you work with are awesome most times -There is tremendous opportunity for advancement within the company -Due to the… Cons: - long...long...LONG hours - due to the size and the way the organization is set up, there aren't very many people to work in each of… Advice to Senior Management: - Calculated risk is good, but it seems as if this company rarely takes risks at all. I think taking more risks and putting the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!