Hormel
www.hormelfoods.com Austin, MN 5000+ Employees

Big corporation operating in a tiny town - a condition which sprouts big egos

Corporate Office Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, MN

ProsGood pay and benefits for salaried employees, but you will work so many hours you won't get to enjoy your money.

ConsBig pressure to work super-long hours, butt-kissing is the best route to take for promotions. Old-boy network alive and well here. If you're not at work by 6AM every day, you're a slacker!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and realize that work might not be THE most important thing in everyone's life. Staff positions enough so one person doesn't have to do the work that 2 or 3 should be doing.

Solid company with great opportunity to improve internal processes and people management.

Category Analyst (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: Fantastic portfolio of products and commitment to excellent products. The can do… Cons: Unwillingness to adopt more current people management practices in regard to time off,… More

Good Job for what it is, but a strong company

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: Pay was good Company car Lots of Perks ie cell phone, home cable paid for, and good benefits good training and continuing… Cons: The future growth in the sales program is a bit limited. If I were to have stayed with Hormel in sales I would still be… Advice to Senior Management: I think management was great however there should be more employee involvment and more understanding of women and minorities. Hormel is somewhat whitebread, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hormel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hormel CEO Jeffrey M. Ettinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Hormel employees.