Hormel

www.hormelfoods.com
  www.hormelfoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hormel

Good Solid company to work for

Current Employee - Production Supervisor
Current Employee - Production Supervisor

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

As a production supervisor you are not stuck behind a desk all day. I enjoy being out on the floor and seeing direct results of what you are doing. Hormel pays okay and the benefits are good. They do a great job of offering continuing training opportunities. They also put a nice show on for new employees at orientation.

Cons

A lot of what you do is out of your control. Politics play a big role in promotions. Plant locations are not ideal. Working 2nd and 3rd shift hours with a lot of weekends is not fun.

Continue to be a leader in the food industry. Keep paying attention to the Kenexa surveys and help employees, especially on the off shifts with their work life balance.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Hormel (View Most Recent)

Sales jobs are good but production is brutal

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Austin, MN
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Austin, MN

I worked at Hormel

Pros

They pay well & there's good job secturity. The sales field is really good to work for, you get a company car its interesting work. They also have really good benefits.

Cons

In the production side the hours are brutal, I quit because I was forced to work 7 days a week, 10+ hour days. Cold wet manufacturing environment.

Simple, work life balance. Get some!

Good company; tough to work for

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

Strong company; publicly traded. Pension plan is great for employees. Everyone within the company works very hard...if not too hard.

Cons

Publicly traded company. Hard, hard work ethic. Lots of gossip always floating around due to the corporate office being in a small town enviroment.

Need to get out of Austin more often and see everyting that is going on in the markets. Austin is too sheltered from the rest of the world.

There are newer employer reviews for Hormel