Hormel

www.hormelfoods.com

Great place to start, stay, and finish a career.

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Austin, MN

ProsGreat people, great products, great responsibility. Hormel provides opportunities to people who want to work to be successful. Then, you are rewarded for the success you achieve. Upper management are easy to talk with and approachable. They are also great leaders in a very difficult industry.

ConsWorking conditions can be challenging where you are dealing with the temperature of a food processing plant. However, anything easy in life typically does not provide the rewards, career growth, and opportunities that Hormel does for its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management has always invested time and resources into their employees which has made the company successful. Please continue to produce, at a low cost, value added products to the consumer allowing you to retain your competitive advantage and giving you the opportunity to provide people a great place to work.

An extremely stable company the offers excellent retirement benifits

Associate Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) Beloit, WI

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: The long term benefits are the best that I have encountered. They offer, for salaried employees, a base pay, year end bonus, profit sharing… Cons: Very long hours when working in the plant. As an engineer, I spent 11-12 hours a day at work which makes my personal life… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time with those individuals that are starting fresh with the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Solid company to work for

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: As a production supervisor you are not stuck behind a desk all day. I enjoy being out on the floor and seeing direct results… Cons: A lot of what you do is out of your control. Politics play a big role in promotions. … Advice to Senior Management: Continue to be a leader in the food industry. Keep paying attention to the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!