Fun and creative

Current Employee - Researcher in Austin, MN
Current Employee - Researcher in Austin, MN

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

They encourage personal growth and you have the opportunity to be creative. The lab managers are wonderful and easy to get along with.

Cons

I cannot understand accents well and so workign with people who speak other languages as their primary language made it difficult for me.

Advice to Management

None, they are all doing a wonderful job with what they have been doing so far. Thank you for the experience!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to start, stay, and finish a career.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Austin, MN

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

Great people, great products, great responsibility. Hormel provides opportunities to people who want to work to be successful. Then, you are rewarded for the success you achieve. Upper management are easy to talk with and approachable. They are also great leaders in a very difficult industry.

Cons

Working conditions can be challenging where you are dealing with the temperature of a food processing plant. However, anything easy in life typically does not provide the rewards, career growth, and opportunities that Hormel does for its employees.

Advice to Management

Senior Management has always invested time and resources into their employees which has made the company successful. Please continue to produce, at a low cost, value added products to the consumer allowing you to retain your competitive advantage and giving you the opportunity to provide people a great place to work.

An extremely stable company the offers excellent retirement benifits

Current Employee - Associate Maintenance Engineer in Beloit, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Maintenance Engineer in Beloit, WI

I have been working at Hormel

Pros

The long term benefits are the best that I have encountered. They offer, for salaried employees, a base pay, year end bonus, profit sharing (rolled over into your 401k), 401k, stock options, pension plan. They also have pretty good medical, vision, dental, .... benefits as well. Multiple opportunities to give back to the community and there are multiple occurrences for employee engagement.

Cons

Very long hours when working in the plant. As an engineer, I spent 11-12 hours a day at work which makes my personal life non-existent M-F. There is a general lack of feedback from your manager as to if you are progressing properly especially if you come straight out of school or if this is a career change.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with those individuals that are starting fresh with the company. If the individual is coming in as entry-level, they need feedback