Hornbeck Offshore

www.hornbeckoffshore.com

You are treated like a commodity If you are néeded things are great if not, well that's another story.

Chief Engineer (Current Employee) Macaé (Brazil)

ProsMost of the time you get your checks without errors. If there are errors in it the usually have it fixed and put on the very next check two weeks later.

ConsThey are not very understanding when it comes to the employees personal life. They routinely ask people to work two and three month hitches to cover for undercrewing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not intimidate employees to get them to work long hitches or to get them to work for less pay. People understand that sometimes pay has to be adjusted, but to hold a persons job over thier head to squeeze everybit of productivity out of that person you can is just not right. It becomes a safety issue when people believe they have to work 16 hour days or risk being fired.

Started off great and has been a downhill battel ever since!

Barge Captain (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros: Well I have a job, but thats aabout all the… Cons: No 401K match, Pay well below the competition, No support from upper management on vessel related issues. WAY too much paperwork.… Advice to Senior Management: You better wake up and smell the coffee! As soon as the gulf kicks off again you are going to lose a lot of hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

OK

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros: They pay your travel to and from home Cons: Never know if u have a job to come back to and… Advice to Senior Management: i know times have been hard but itd time for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hornbeck Offshore.

Worked for Hornbeck Offshore? Contribute to the Community!