Hornbeck Offshore

www.hornbeckoffshore.com

Stable and great benefits but low pay

Able Seaman (Current Employee) Covington, LA

ProsHornbeck is stable work, with exceptional benefits. The health insurance is a group plan with BCBS which is excellent, the vision is so-so, the dental is decent, short term and long term disability, they have reinstated 401k match and given raises to all officers to be a bit more competitive with the industry standard. They are building several new 280' supply boats. Great place to work if you are a mate, engineer or captain.

ConsPaperwork is horrible, I'm no hippie but the amount of trees that have been killed for the companies legal papertrail is insane. It takes more time to do a jsa to use the head, than it takes to perform the task.
RATINGS ARE UNDERPAID, I am talking about $100 per day less than their competitors pay.
Don't let them fool you in orientation, the safety bonus is non existent. If someone on the other hitch stubs their toe while you are at home, every crewmember loses their two day per quarter safety bonus.
They also will promise to send you to school to upgrade. FALSE! I have several letters of recommendation from mates an masters and can't get approved for compensation.
The accommodations are pretty crappy, some boats are alright but I've been on 30 year old tugs with better..

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to your promises, Increase rating pay, send employees to school if they meet all your requirements. Less paperwork or at least go electronic, better treatment for the guys who are earning the money for you.

Decent company with clean boats and decent wages.

Able Seaman (Current Employee) Covington, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros: It's big enough to provide lots of openings across the fleet but smaller than… Cons: Less competitive salary and crew amenities than other companies in the… Advice to Senior Management: Better crew amenities aboard the vessels. One boat I worked had the crew… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Covington, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros: Young company with agressive management. Cons: There are not enough employees for the workload Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hornbeck Offshore.

Worked for Hornbeck Offshore? Contribute to the Community!