There are newer employer reviews for Hornbeck Offshore

Lies, lies and more lies

Current Employee - Ship's Officer
Current Employee - Ship's Officer

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros

The pay is good and plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are also good. Free uniforms are a plus when you are lucky enough to recieve them.

Cons

Communication from upper management is always inaccurate and untruthful. The company does not deserve the red ship. They have no respect for the special needs of the vessel and too cheap to maintain anything properly. Lack of respect towards the crew and what exactly are we supposed to do with a plaque? Thanks for nothing.

Advice to Management

You better wake up. Critical personnel are sending off resumes left and right thanks to the 30 hour crewboat ride. You come onboard and tell us how important we are then treat us like we are nothing. Lies, lies, and more lies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mud boat company

Current Employee - Third Assistant Engineer in Port Fourchon, LA
    Current Employee - Third Assistant Engineer in Port Fourchon, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is trying to keep as many people as possible during this downturn.

Cons

It is a cyclical industry and the downturn has hurt everyone in the gulf. There have been two pay cuts so far.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to find us work and we will keep working. People will not leave simply because of paycuts, but will leave due to frustration.

2. Fair and Accurate, Been around the Gulf

Current Employee - Assistant Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

15% Discount Stock option, Healthcare. Hornbeck has a lot of vessels working when times are good. The are a very fair employer and very diverse. The good ole boy thing of the past isn't as prevalent anymore. When I do a job and I know it isn't safe I can stop it knowing there won't be any repercussions from management....if I'm right I will have backing all the way to the top.

Cons

You have to arrange your own transportation to vessels probably the worst and least effective cost saving initiative in the history of working offshore. All I can say is, it must be nice to drive to work! Here's my suggestion, a tollbooth security shack to park at the office! Brand new vessels, crew accommodations from the 70's. (First Assistant Engineer has a 4 man room) Pointless annual "training". Squeaky wheels get the grease, good quiet workers who always follow policy are overlooked until they need your license, but I guess that's everywhere really.

Advice to Management

Fix the crew accommodations, we're grown men, not college students. Annual training should be, confined space entry/basic first aid/hazmat/working at heights/ you know... actual certificates that allow us to perform our job better. Not the redundant NS-5 program/oil record book that lets the shore side do THEIR job better. If people can't manage these things by now they should be shown the door or demoted until they can figure it out.