There are newer employer reviews for Hornbeck Offshore

Non commital commitals

Current Employee - Engineer in Covington, LA
Current Employee - Engineer in Covington, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros

Good pay good benifits and very capable people.

Cons

Poor managment on larger vessels. Micro management and indecision. This company needs to stick to mud boats where they do very well.

Let the profesionals run the ships and quit micro managaging.

reviews filtered by

Facts of a Hornbeck AB.

Current Employee - Able Seaman
    Current Employee - Able Seaman

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros

The benefits are decent and there are plenty of oportunities for professional development. Transportation to and from vessels is paid for by the company, as well as professional training pertaining to your job description.

Cons

There is no profit sharing with the boat crews and boat crew members loose individual safety bonus upon someone else's fault on an incident, althoug not personally involved. Also, it seems like the paper work is geeting out of control.

We need to accomodate people who need to work over time during their time off. During this times of economical recession a family man who works away from his home and family needs to make at least 65K.

Hornbeck is a fantastic company to be associated with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros

Hornbeck is a well respected company within the community. Management treats the employees well by offering them good compensation, benefits, stocks, and a great yearly bonus. Hornbeck has hired professional, intelligent, and friendly people that demonstrate good business judgment and devotion. I consider myself lucky to work for such a great company.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments can be poor at times. However, this is pretty common in large companies. The mandatory annual vessel ride for shoreside employees is a harsh rule that is strictly enforced. The purpose is for the "land"employees to gain respect for the offshore crew, although in my opinion they elect to live that lifestyle and are compensated well for their career choice. The vessel ride is difficult for those with a demanding schedule, motion sickness, and have a family. You are usually out of the office for 3-4 days with no communication with the outside world.

Senior management is competent in their decision making but if I could offer them advise it would be to calm down on micro management and be careful with constant promotions. Change is a great thing but too much change is annoying.

There are newer employer reviews for Hornbeck Offshore