Hornbeck Offshore
www.hornbeckoffshore.com Covington, LA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Hornbeck is a fantastic company to be associated with

Covington, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

ProsHornbeck is a well respected company within the community. Management treats the employees well by offering them good compensation, benefits, stocks, and a great yearly bonus. Hornbeck has hired professional, intelligent, and friendly people that demonstrate good business judgment and devotion. I consider myself lucky to work for such a great company.

ConsLack of communication between departments can be poor at times. However, this is pretty common in large companies. The mandatory annual vessel ride for shoreside employees is a harsh rule that is strictly enforced. The purpose is for the "land"employees to gain respect for the offshore crew, although in my opinion they elect to live that lifestyle and are compensated well for their career choice. The vessel ride is difficult for those with a demanding schedule, motion sickness, and have a family. You are usually out of the office for 3-4 days with no communication with the outside world.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is competent in their decision making but if I could offer them advise it would be to calm down on micro management and be careful with constant promotions. Change is a great thing but too much change is annoying.

You are treated like a commodity If you are néeded things are great if not, well that's another story.

Chief Engineer (Current Employee)
Macaé (Brazil)

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros: Most of the time you get your checks without errors. If there are errors in… Cons: They are not very understanding when it comes to the employees personal life. They… Advice to Senior Management: Do not intimidate employees to get them to work long hitches or to get them to work for less pay. People understand that sometimes pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Started off great and has been a downhill battel ever since!

Barge Captain (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore

Pros: Well I have a job, but thats aabout all the… Cons: No 401K match, Pay well below the competition, No support from upper management on vessel related issues. WAY too much paperwork.… Advice to Senior Management: You better wake up and smell the coffee! As soon as the gulf kicks off again you are going to lose a lot of hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hornbeck Offshore.

Worked for Hornbeck Offshore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hornbeck Offshore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hornbeck Offshore CEO Todd M. Hornbeck. All reviews posted anonymously by Hornbeck Offshore employees.