OK

Pros

They pay your travel to and from home

Cons

Never know if u have a job to come back to and never really hear anything about the way the company is going

Advice to Management

i know times have been hard but itd time for a pay to get better and more Communication and Leadership

Other Employee Reviews for Hornbeck Offshore

Lies, lies and more lies

Current Employee - Ship's Officer
    Current Employee - Ship's Officer

Pros

The pay is good and plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are also good. Free uniforms are a plus when you are lucky enough to recieve them.

Cons

Communication from upper management is always inaccurate and untruthful. The company does not deserve the red ship. They have no respect for the special needs of the vessel and too cheap to maintain anything properly. Lack of respect towards the crew and what exactly are we supposed to do with a plaque? Thanks for nothing.

Advice to Management

You better wake up. Critical personnel are sending off resumes left and right thanks to the 30 hour crewboat ride. You come onboard and tell us how important we are then treat us like we are nothing. Lies, lies, and more lies.

Mud boat company

Current Employee - Third Assistant Engineer in Port Fourchon, LA
    Current Employee - Third Assistant Engineer in Port Fourchon, LA

I have been working at Hornbeck Offshore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is trying to keep as many people as possible during this downturn.

Cons

It is a cyclical industry and the downturn has hurt everyone in the gulf. There have been two pay cuts so far.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to find us work and we will keep working. People will not leave simply because of paycuts, but will leave due to frustration.