Smartest People I have Ever Worked With

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hortonworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is HIGH energy, fast-paced, and committed to the success of our customers. I came over from a large Enterprise Software firm and its extremely clear just how poorly those SW orgs were run

Cons

We are growing - there are new things learned on a daily basis regarding the organization and what might need tinkering. Its easy to get thing done, but as we grow - there are more regimented policies being put in place. Not a bad thing, but different than a few months back.

Advice to Management

Everything has been going great, some of the policies are a bit much (although I get why they are there) - staying personal is key as everything is fast paced.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Smartest company I've ever worked for across the board in all disciplines

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Hortonworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quickly growing market in very large market space with technology that is accepted as the next big thing. The company has doubled in size in the last 6 months, is well capitalized, has a top notch management that is focusing the company on the right priorities to be the major provider in this space. Despite the ridiculous hiring pace, their process insures both capability and cultural fit. I've never seen a stronger group of people assembled at one company and I've worked for some really good ones in the past. From what I've seen this is a very healthy culture and everyone goes out of their way to help you. Minimal politics. Management knows how to scale a profitable open source company. Great Benefits.

Cons

Through tremendous growth comes some growing pains. Infrastructure seems to be keeping pace with growth so far. Hiring ahead of the market. A lot missionary work still to be done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Territory Account Manager

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hortonworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a young company I was surprised with how well they have their act together. All the tools and systems are not only in place but are far better than what I was used to coming over from Oracle. Sale comp is very good and there are reps here making once in a lifetime type money.

The Big Data & Hadoop space is growing fast and this company is in the top 3 if not paced to take over the leader spot within the next 3-6 months.

Cons

It's hard to come up with any yet, I'm sure there are some challenges to come but so far everything has been great.