Hospice Advantage

www.hospiceadvantage.net

A wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant  in  Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Southfield, MI

Pros

-Benefits are great. (Vision, Health, Dental, Ortho, 401k, and Life insurance.

-Wonderful tools to help dementia/Alzheimer patients.

-Continued education through in-services.

-Coworkers that are easy to get along with and that are all concerned for the patient.

Cons

They will work you to death (if you let them)

The yearly raises are VERY minimal. Less than 11$ a week.

Give raises based on employees worth ethic. If there is an employee working harder than others, they deserve a higher raise. (Obviously it's not up to the CSD, or Administrator)

Other reviews for Hospice Advantage

Clueless management focused on the wrong things overwork their employees, don't appreciate the ones that do work hard.

Former Employee - Spiritual Care Coordinator & Grief Support Specialist  in  Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Spiritual Care Coordinator & Grief Support Specialist in Liberty, MO

Pros

I had the ability to set my own hours of work as long as I got my visits done for the month. I enjoyed the weekly pay check. I enjoyed working with the field nurses and home health aides. I loved my patients and the one to one work I got to do with them.

Cons

Hired as a Per diem person and expected to do two jobs. All jobs with this company are per diem and full time positions are offered when census reaches a certain number AND Management makes a request to corporate to create a FT position. But FT positions cost more money than per diem, so why offer FT when people will work per diem. No benefits are offered to per diem employees except a 6% match on their 401K contributions, but they have to stay with the company for 5 years in order to take that match with them. The turn over is so high that very few actually stay longer than year.

When the census reached the number of patients necessary for my position to be split and go full time, it was never done. Promises were made to get me help so I could carry out my unrealistic workload. I did the best I could and got no support. I felt alone and abandoned, so I left on my own terms. There is no management in this company. The corporate office has a person who oversees the Family Support Services and rather than providing resources to the local offices is asking the local offices to resource the corporate office. There is something wrong with that picture.

The local office I worked at was a mess and remains a mess. In the three years I worked there we have had a turn over in Clinical Service Directors four times, with the office bringing back a CSD that did not need to be trained, although previous performance was questionable.

All the offices in the region are a mess, because I covered for all four of them at one time or another in my tenure. The turnover rate is very high. I trained staff for my positions(s) in other offices and only 2 of 7 of the folks I trained are still with the company. There is so much personal drama of the staff brought into the workplace and it affects the field. I had No training...I had to figure out my job on my own.

My education and experience was not appreciated or rewarded. There was no room for me to grow personally or professionally, although the company sure utilized my skills to clean up a number or 'messes' There is no coordinated training, or program. Programs are actually a list of tasks that need to be done to meet the minimum state requirements. There is always an expectation that you will be available to the company and eat, sleep and breath Hospice Advantage. And finally, the Administrator isn't very friendly, didn't even speak to me to say goodbye when I left the company. Some describe him as a dictator, others say he yells a lot. I found him aloof and focused only on numbers and the bottom line.

Hire QUALIFIED staff. Offer quality training. Get out of Bay City and visit the field offices and listen to the staff who provide day to day patient care. Local management is telling you what you want to hear and not what is really happening. You are loosing good, qualified employees in the field because your management is clueless and focused on profits before people.

I love Hospice Advantage, worked here for almost 2 years, patient care is # 1.

Current Employee - RN, Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN, Case Manager

Pros

Pay is competitive, mileage is good, understanding company.

Cons

They will work you to death, if you let them ;)

There are newer employer reviews for Hospice Advantage.

Worked for Hospice Advantage? Contribute to the Community!