A good starting point.

Former Employee - Team Coordinator in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Team Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and PTO. Rewarding job and a good starting place if you need something for experience.

Cons

Favoritism. Not much career growth promise.

Advice to Management

Communication

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Bottom Line is Their Only Concern

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It gave me great satisfaction to help patients and families in their time of need. Decent PTO benefit and wages.

Cons

I have never felt as disrespected and devalued as I do in this position. This company preaches a culture of integrity and compassion when in fact bottom line is the only focus. This mentality starts at the top and works its way down. Management lacks compassion or loyalty for their employees and patients and only cares about the bottom line and making their "bonus". Hospice Compassus does offer a good PTO benefit, but when you get approval to take it you are expected to cover your own shifts and make up the work when you return effectively negating any vacation you may get. This results in staff who are very burned out. Management talks badly about the employees creating a volatile work environment. I find it concerning that people who treat their employees like this are the same people caring for our communities' dying.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your "core values" and "pillars of success" You may be misrepresenting your self

I worked for Hospice Compassus and they lack the values that they profess.

Former Employee - Director of Clinical Services
    Former Employee - Director of Clinical Services

I worked at Hospice Compassus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent frontline clinical staff who exhibit the values espoused by Hospice Compassus---Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence. Also the company is very expert at complying with Medicare regulations.

Cons

Everything is driven by the bottom-line; do not be manipulated into thinking otherwise. Clinical staff is NOT supported to take care of themselves. Full time RNs are asked to cover on-call when the census is high, then asked to cut hours when the census is low. They are are FOR PROFIT---period. They are not really about serving communities or patients.

Also, current health insurance plan for employees is terrible--it is basically a high deductible, catastrophic policy.

Advice to Management

Communities and people are not machines.

Marketing efforts that work in one community do not work in another. If you want to be successful in competitive environments, you must think outside of the box and utilize the creativity of your employees.

Nurses and other frontline hospice staff need true emotional and spiritual support in order to do the sacred and challenging work of hospice.

From my observation, your "colleague pillar" is last....not second in priority. Perhaps you should consider taking your FOR PROFIT business model into another industry that does not imply values like compassion, integrity, and excellence.