Hospira
www.hospira.com Lake Forest, IL 5000+ Employees

Fair, but consumed with their own dogma.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsMajor player in the specialty generic injectables and infusion therapy devices. Name alone can get you through doors. Many GPO contracts in effect.

ConsAverage compensation at best. Hospira is not an aggressive company and is reactionary to the marketplace when it comes to devices. Injectable contracts and GPO agreements not strongly enforced at the customer level to the extent their competitors do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aggressive and don't believe the hype that because you are Hospira (or the old Abbott HPD) that you are automatically guaranteed a place at the customer's "table". Take a look at how your competitors write and enforce their customer contracts. Hospira is too soft with customers for their own good. Stop letting customers sign up for multi-line discounts and then just let them go free, while keeping their leveraged prices, when they decide to jump to a competitor with a "me-too" product.

Operator

Operator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hospira full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Stability. You wont be fired Cons: There is no promotion in the company. Kiss the… Advice to Senior Management: Connect with Employee. Create a performance based work force,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very Backstabby

Validation Engineer (Former Employee)
    Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Hospira as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: It's close to the mall. The cost of living… Cons: People will try to get you fired, so they don't get fired first. The documentation system is horrible. The facility is too old.… Advice to Senior Management: There's no sense in giving advice to management that won't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hospira.

Worked for Hospira? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hospira reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hospira CEO F. Michael (Mike) Ball. All reviews posted anonymously by Hospira employees.