Hospira

There are newer employer reviews for Hospira

Not for Everyone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Hospira full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hospira makes an concerted effort to look after their employees. I found the medical department and cafeteria to be more than adequate. Due to the nature of the product, the facilities are very clean.

Cons

This can be a hard place to work. Regulations are stringent due to FDA regulations. A younger generation of workers not used to this work ethic may find this facility uncomfortable.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Hospira (View Most Recent)

Challenging.......in every aspect!

Former Employee - Quality in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Quality in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Hospira full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The 401k match is good.

Cons

Not enough resources to perform a quality job with. That would include the support of HR staff, all levels of management, adequate headcount within a department to meet goals and demands, and modern equipment!

Realize the value in long term employees with experience. Enhance their working environment by hiring competent quality minded people, and by investing in sufficient and modern equipment.

A mixed bag

Former Employee - Senior Quality Associate in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Associate in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Hospira full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots to do at work so you're rarely bored. Nice campus. Convenient location off the highway. I was paid well for being a recent graduate (1 year out of university when hired) and promoted quickly out of my contractor position to a senior analyst. My particular team was very stressful but we all got along great and worked together really well.

Cons

I worked in Quality, which is one of the most stressful departments you can work in, especially in the pharma industry. People complained all the time, were overworked, and under a lot of pressure. There was so much drama within the company. Talent identification is poor to say the least. There's a lot of turnaround, even at VP levels. I am in my 20s and had no coworkers around my age.

Give your reports clear direction. Hire more motivated people. Smile. Make this place a place of work that people can enjoy or at least tolerate. We don't want to work in an Upton Sinclair novel.

There are newer employer reviews for Hospira