Hospira

www.hospira.com
  www.hospira.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hospira

Constant struggle between upper management and manufacturing

Current Employee - Formulation Technician in Clayton, NC
Current Employee - Formulation Technician in Clayton, NC

I have been working at Hospira full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, and a very laid back environment.

Cons

Drug weigh, filling and formulation are on the same pay scale. Ridiculous!

Management needs to value their employees more.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Hospira (View Most Recent)

if only they would look at what made this company "good to great"

I worked at Hospira

Pros

Great people to work with. One of the only companies that could really say they are part of the solution to the healthcare crisis

Cons

Middle upper leadership - VP Levels - are stuck in the way things used to be and can't seem to find a way to change out dated processes and thought patterns. They seem to be holding on just as long as they can so they can retire with a golden parachute. As long as the good ol' boys are in control nothing will change, there will be no room for growth and creativity.

Your people stay because they believe in Hospira and what this organization means to patient care. Recognize that and stop following the salary and benefits trends down so that we need to look elsewhere. offer flexible paths to career advancement, TRUST your people becasue your customers trust them.

Confusing

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Assistant in McPherson, KS
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Assistant in McPherson, KS

I have been working at Hospira full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, great easy work

Cons

12 hour shifts, rules don't apply to everyone. SInce we got "spun off" as Hospira, things have gone bad. No retirement benefits, unless you are in the class of upper management that makes enough to not need it. You have to watch your pay check every week to be sure you got paid for the hours that you worked. HR went from 4 great people to a full room of people that can only answer, I will check on that for you!

Open your eyes. People chewing gum in production areas, cell phones in rooms, candy wrappers in production, excessive breaks, people walk out of sterile areas in gowning, and then right back in, and the language from temps to management is very offensive. Make all rules apply to everyone. We have policies for safety, ergonomics, and aseptic rules that are broken constantly. Give long time employees a reason to stay. When we were Abbott Labs, no one quit, no one got fired. With Hospira the turn over has gone through the roof.

There are newer employer reviews for Hospira