Hospital Corporation of America

Engaged Employer

HCA is a Good Place in Which to Work

Current Employee - Director in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Director in Miami, FL

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, good team work (most of the time), locations in most large US cities and in Europe. Challenging job roles and rewarding opportunities.

Cons

Salary isn't the most competitive.

Advice to Management

We need to be more competitive, other hospitals are eating our lunch.

Other Employee Reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

1. Don't say you were not warned!

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The Vice President Sales was great to work for. He lets you run your own business.

Cons

HCA did not have embrace having diversity in senior management. It was a true good 'ole boy network. Also, the training program for new sales was extremely minimal. The chain of command was very unclear. This position is suppose to report the Vice President of Sales but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You pseudo report to the Vice President of Operations and the Surgery Center Administrators (2-4), depending on the size of your market. Extremely unorganized! The base salary should also be increased $10,000-$20000.

Advice to Management

Have the sales people report to the VP of Operations. Doing this will create a more transparent chain of command that will eliminate confusion. Have more diversity in Senior Management. Doing this will take your organization into the 21st century and open it up to a wealth of qualified diverse candidates.

2. A nice place to work.

Current Employee - Surgical Technologist in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Surgical Technologist in McKinney, TX

Pros

They understand about family responsibilities and asking time off. There is good communication between management and staff and clearly delineated expectations. I don't get benefits being per diem so I am not one to ask about that. What I do know about the benefits that others get seem to be good. The morale of my facility is high, and there is a genuine care for patients and fellow workers.

Cons

I think you have to know someone to get ahead. Being per diem though, limits the amount of growth I can obtain. However, I have been up for a full time position and did not receive it. I am waiting to see if I get this second position that has come up.

Advice to Management

In the facility I work in, we have an administrator whom I respect, but the business office manager needs to take emotions out of the equation when dealing with staff.