Hospital Corporation of America

www.hcahealthcare.com

Good people, bad management.

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) Kingwood, TX

ProsGreat people contribute to a fun, fast-paced working environment. I love most of the units, and really do look forward to going to work everyday. The people in my department are awesome because everyone helps everyone else out when they are in need.

ConsThere are some really skilled clinicians that work at this facility, but ultimately a hospital is only as good as the doctors that are contracted there. The doctors are subpar, and seem to be concerned more with making a buck than with treating the patient accordingly.

Management says that there is an "open-door policy", but that is a lie. They want people that are going to keep their mouth's shut and do your job. This is mostly to the detriment of the patient because they cut corners wherever they can. Staffing, equipment, and employee benefits are all below average considering other comparable systems.

Pay is subpar comparing to almost any other facility in Houston, and I should know because I have worked many other systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Take what they say to heart because it takes a lot of gumption to stand up for what is right. Celebrate your clinicians that come there each and every day looking to grow professionally, and pay them accordingly. Everyone is not the same, and you shouldn't pay them as such either.

World Class Operations - Top to Bottom

Senior Medical Technologist (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Friendly, family atmosphere, above average pay ~10% as a rule, good benefits, education and advancement opportunities,… Cons: Bottom-line oriented, political. But, who isn't?! Advice to Senior Management: The Golden Rule. There does come a time with ones' integrity to stand forth in honor of loyalty that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work.

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Cutting edge technology. Strives to be a great place… Cons: I don't have any cons to mention. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hospital Corporation of America.

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!