Hospital Corporation of America

www.hcahealthcare.com
  www.hcahealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

Very educational, learned so much more about all aspects of hospital environment.

Former Employee - Physician Sales  in  McKinney, TX
Former Employee - Physician Sales in McKinney, TX

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was working with a facility that provided quality healthcare and leading edge technology.
I was able to work with some incredible physicians and able to help them learn the market and grow their practice.

Cons

No real downsides just took awhile at our local hospital to get equipment and new technology. There was a long process and tight budget due to current economic environment.

The leadership was fantastic and supportive of our sales positions and what we were trying to accomplish. I love the upper management and had no issues.

307 Other Employee Reviews for Hospital Corporation of America (View Most Recent)

Great Company! Hard to get in! Veteran Friendly

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Education. Good Leadership. Great opportunities for advancement. Many locations. Management leads through a common foundation of base training programs (Model-Netics, and crucial conversations)

Cons

Very hard to get into. Primarily need Meditech experience. The recruiting process screens via resumes for 100%. All HCA IT&S hires go through the Nashville recruiters. Long term employees mean not many openings. Hire with in their ranks for promotions.

There are three levels of IT&S. They are the facility, the division, and corporate. They almost always never see the same thing. The higher you go up the bigger the gap in alignment from the facility stand point.

Great Company with many opportunities

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HCA is a large company that is continuing to grow. Also, HCA's scale in healthcare is unmatched. They offer a competitive salary, a wide range of benefits, and opportunities to grow professionally.

Cons

Upper management are stuck in their ways

There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!