Hospital Corporation of America
www.hcahealthcare.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Stable company, little advancement opportunity, bullying tolerated

Director (Current Employee)

ProsStable company with great benefits

ConsLittle opportunity for promotion or advancement. More professionalism evident on Corporate campus but Brentwood and Cool Springs have different culture-cliquish, bullying tolerated, HR completely ineffective in addressing work environment issues. If this is not a Corporate (downtown) position-stay away from the other campuses-not really the HCA Corporate culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the satellite divisions (Physician Services, H2U and Parallon) under the same HR oversight as the Corporate campus, and require some real management training other than playback webinars. Your Healthstream training is not producing effective managers at all levels, from VP on down. Clean up the work environment in the satellite divisions in Nashville.

Professional environment. Ethical company.

Administration (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for less than a year

Pros: Ethical company, good benefits, fair pay. Cons: A little staid and dull. Advice to Senior Management: Respect new ideas and don't fear innovation and change. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good time at HCA!

Technical Analyst II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: I enjoy working at HCA for a variety of reasons. I would think that my biggest enjoyment is that even as an IT Professional… Cons: There are not many cons working at HCA. We have… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hospital Corporation of America.

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hospital Corporation of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hospital Corporation of America CEO R. Milton Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Hospital Corporation of America employees.