Hospital Corporation of America
www.hcahealthcare.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Every job has it pros/cons; overall HCA has the most pros for me and I can live with the cons.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Ocala, FL

ProsEveryone at this particular facility is genuinely interested in providing quality patient care. There is a great sense of community. They offer the flexibility that I need to balance family and career. I love it here.

ConsI have found that there is a need for better communication to new staff members. I have been at this facility for over a year and feel that I still do not know the ins and outs of policy and procedure, obtaining education and the steps to further my advancement in the job. There are two many computer software programs to master.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe orientation should be more organized and thorough. Education that is required to maintain or advance within the company should be more user friendly.

Cultivate and hire stable nursing management.

Clinical Coordinator, RN (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America

Pros: The upside to management being so lax and absent is that you get to pretty much run your… Cons: The absence of management. Very little input or even regularly scheduled reviews. No incentives. The company has set it up so that… Advice to Senior Management: Well, first you'd have to HIRE Senior Management. It would be especially helpful if nursing management actually stayed more than a few months at… More

.....................

Contracts Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great place to work. Cons: Coworkers are great but the management team is not Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hospital Corporation of America.

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hospital Corporation of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hospital Corporation of America CEO R. Milton Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Hospital Corporation of America employees.