There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

Every job has it pros/cons; overall HCA has the most pros for me and I can live with the cons.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Ocala, FL
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America

Pros

Everyone at this particular facility is genuinely interested in providing quality patient care. There is a great sense of community. They offer the flexibility that I need to balance family and career. I love it here.

Cons

I have found that there is a need for better communication to new staff members. I have been at this facility for over a year and feel that I still do not know the ins and outs of policy and procedure, obtaining education and the steps to further my advancement in the job. There are two many computer software programs to master.

The orientation should be more organized and thorough. Education that is required to maintain or advance within the company should be more user friendly.

reviews filtered by

Cultivate and hire stable nursing management.

Current Employee - Clinical Coordinator, RN in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Coordinator, RN in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America

Pros

The upside to management being so lax and absent is that you get to pretty much run your own shift and do self scheduling as long as shifts are covered. Good and affordable health insurance benefits.

Cons

The absence of management. Very little input or even regularly scheduled reviews. No incentives. The company has set it up so that Human Resources is SOLELY responsible for all pay rates. Therefore, no matter how happy a manager may be with you, there will be reflection in your compensation.

Well, first you'd have to HIRE Senior Management. It would be especially helpful if nursing management actually stayed more than a few months at a time. Then you'd have to get nursing management involved in the actual nursing care being given. Hiring senior management that practices in the local hospital, and not from a hospital miles away, would be great, too.

2. Great education, support and leadership training

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many sites in London, good opportunities for advancement, great management structure

Cons

Competitive US Healthcare set up, different culture to UK Healthcare providors

There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Corporation of America