There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Housekeeping Systems

The experience was helpful for what was needed at the time.

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Environmental Services in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Environmental Services in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting the people at the various accounts was great.

Cons

The constant moving can get stale.

None

Aug 24, 2014Owner

Once a person is promoted to the Director level, moving is optional & would normally be to a greater responsibility with proportional pay increase.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Hospital Housekeeping Systems (View Most Recent)

Great company atmosphere, good pay, and rooms for quick advancement.

Current Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Kennett, MO
    Current Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Kennett, MO

I have been working at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HHS really gives great training to its management staff and support you when you are in the field. The pay is great for entry level management. I started at 40k as an assistant director and was given a 15k raise after 8 months when I was promoted to a director at my own account.

Cons

The only 2 negative things I have to say would be that the company need to raise current wages for its hourly team members, and that it should open doors up for current directors to speak with upper management in regards to moving to new accounts. Many hospitals with HHS are in rural areas.

Aug 24, 2014Owner

We would like to raise hourly wages, but must pay comparable to customer & competition.

Please do feel free to speak with your boss or upper management about moving to a different location; we
    ... More

Inconsistent Company-wide Policies, Management favoritism abounds

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Environmental Services in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Environmental Services in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hospital Housekeeping Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working in a hospital environment has it's educational rewards providing one an opportunity to learn about the various departments. This allows one to focus on a much more rewarding long-term career in the medical field.

Cons

Until you make it to a Director or some level of VP position (there are many), you are basically a salaried mule working long hours, 12-14 hour days, 6-7 days per week, with little reward or recognition. "IF" you are liked by your Director you "may" be offered an advancement opportunity in a remote, small country town with little notice to relocate. Cross your "T's" and dot your "I's" when you do relocate because they will try to find any excuse to cheat you out of expenses, sick time and vacation time. For hourly workers, one can expect to work regular 8 hr shifts at $7.50 - $8.50 per hour. The company no-longer hires FT employees which are being replaced with inexperienced PT workers that lack pride and dedication in their work. There is constant turn over in staff because the demands are great and the rewards are little to none.

Talk is cheap. Consistent company-wide policies should be enforced regardless of which "state" you live-in or who you know within the company. Promote and encourage a work/life balance and reward those that have dedicated themselves to care for the customer and patients within each hospital.

Aug 24, 2014Owner

We intend to treat our employees fairly & don't agree with cheating. We are, in fact, encouraging Directors to hire part-time employees with other full-time pursuits, as we believe that we can ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Housekeeping Systems