HostGator.com
www.hostgator.com Houston, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Almost two years now

Linux Systems Administrator I (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsWide variety of subjects to learn with education classes on each. Plenty of places to ask for questions about the technology, company specific setups and utilities, and of course the freedom to use Google and your brain to find a solution.

Lots of bonuses like massages, free lunches, benefits and flexible hours. There are a variety of specialized areas and they do well on encouraging you to find where you want to go and providing tools to help. They listen to feed back very well, and very quickly. I asked about flow charts so I could better understand the overall view of how the systems work together and by the end of the week there were posters around the office with a few different flow charts on the different parts.

There are also a variety of internal use sites, such as the employee suggestion box. Each post is available to the company, with the option to post anonymously. Votes can then be cast or changed at anytime, with comments back and forth with other employees as well as management. More so that this, they actually use this to improve the company, inside and out.

ConsThey base a lot of your worth on customer feedback, but do not work to ensure that it is fair. To specify, such as when an overseas customer who believes that a 1 out of 10 is the best rating you can give, and says so in their email, you still get docked with a bad rating. This then hurts bonuses, and is only mentioned because this has not changed since I've worked there. Almost two years now.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, just keep it up. You guys rock.

It's ok

Security Administrator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at HostGator.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Information Experience Free food is nice Coworkers were great My department was excellent There are… Cons: Pay is terrible Management is a mess Ownership change HR is the worst I've ever dealt with no real experience minus the head whom is in Austin Restrooms are… Advice to Senior Management: More to ownership. Look at what you just purchased and realize half of your management is immature little kids or best friends… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place for you to get started

Linux Systems Administrator I (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Tons of pluses and very laid back corperate culture Cons: Too many collage kids running the place Late on paychecks. Advice to Senior Management: Unify your training program, screen your prospective hires better and maybe then… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HostGator.com.

Worked for HostGator.com? Contribute to the Community!

HostGator.com – Why Work for Us?

HostGator.com LLC is a world-leading provider of shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated web hosting. Founded in 2002, HostGator has grown into an industry recognized hosting provider with over 15,000 servers currently… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HostGator.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HostGator.com CEO Adam Farrar. All reviews posted anonymously by HostGator.com employees.