HostGator.com

www.hostgator.com
There are newer employer reviews for HostGator.com

Almost two years now

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator I in Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wide variety of subjects to learn with education classes on each. Plenty of places to ask for questions about the technology, company specific setups and utilities, and of course the freedom to use Google and your brain to find a solution.

Lots of bonuses like massages, free lunches, benefits and flexible hours. There are a variety of specialized areas and they do well on encouraging you to find where you want to go and providing tools to help. They listen to feed back very well, and very quickly. I asked about flow charts so I could better understand the overall view of how the systems work together and by the end of the week there were posters around the office with a few different flow charts on the different parts.

There are also a variety of internal use sites, such as the employee suggestion box. Each post is available to the company, with the option to post anonymously. Votes can then be cast or changed at anytime, with comments back and forth with other employees as well as management. More so that this, they actually use this to improve the company, inside and out.

Cons

They base a lot of your worth on customer feedback, but do not work to ensure that it is fair. To specify, such as when an overseas customer who believes that a 1 out of 10 is the best rating you can give, and says so in their email, you still get docked with a bad rating. This then hurts bonuses, and is only mentioned because this has not changed since I've worked there. Almost two years now.

Honestly, just keep it up. You guys rock.

209 Other Employee Reviews for HostGator.com (View Most Recent)

It's ok

Former Employee - Security Administrator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Security Administrator in Houston, TX

I worked at HostGator.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Information
    Free food is nice
    Coworkers were great
    My department was excellent
    There are very intelligent people working there

Cons

Pay is terrible
    Management is a mess
    Ownership change
    HR is the worst I've ever dealt with no real experience minus the head whom is in Austin
    Restrooms are terrible
    Location isn't the best lots of traffic and TONS of hobos and hookers
    CEO has been a problem for a while now he has no experience in high level management

More to ownership. Look at what you just purchased and realize half of your management is immature little kids or best friends of someone else within the company and that is why they moved up there. It's the worst way to handle a business.

Great place for you to get started

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator I in Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tons of pluses and very laid back corperate culture

Cons

Too many collage kids running the place
    Late on paychecks.

Unify your training program, screen your prospective hires better and maybe then you wouldn't need to keep hiring so many new people all the time

There are newer employer reviews for HostGator.com