Very Nice Company to Work For

Current Employee - Support in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Support in Houston, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch Free Snacks Plenty of Coffee Great equipment. Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Training is available, but often times it is too busy to get it. Pay is a little lower than average for this industry.

Advice to Management

Setup a better training sysytem Setup a grievance system.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Jr. Admin

Current Employee - Junior Administrative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Administrative in Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time

Pros

Great place to get your foot in the door and learn Linux. Laid back, free food, beer on Friday, cool game room, nice gym, HR is solid, upper management have a fairly open door policy. A lot of very smart people with a lot of share and learn from.

Cons

Pay isn't great. Management is young - but smart. Food sometimes sucks, but sometimes it's really good.

Advice to Management

pay better!

2. Mislead from the very beginning...

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator I in Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a free "meal" for each shift that rivals prison food...they way that the ticket response statistics are structured and the raw amount of tickets, etc. which come in on a daily basis there's a very good possibility to make decent bonuses for being above your quota every pay period. The pro side of hourly based salary is whenever you clock out you leave your work at work you'll never be called into work in the middle of the night or on your day off which has its advantages.

Cons

Most everything, the flexible schedules can become not so flexible whenever you need them to be flexible. Mislead concerning the salary, they had me to believe that I was to be a salaried employee but I came to learn that I was hourly instead; at the time I thought it to be a con but it could be either I suppose.

Advice to Management

Need to get a idea of the moral of the company, be an employee for a day or a week and see things from your workers point of view. The lunch is supposed to be a perk but the company is so cheap they don't want to spend enough money to get any decent food. Allowing employees to take a normal lunch and compensate them via they're pay checks might be a better idea.