HostGator.com

www.hostgator.com

A great place to work if you start off with strong pay.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of resources to advance yourself. Benefits have been increasing after the acquisition*. Lots of fun people to work with and a laid back environment. Generally a young 20-30 yr old crowd.

They allow you many opportunities to learn leadership skills. Many people are receptive and open to new ideas.

New building on the way, parent company is making many needed changes and the CEO is very passionate about keeping people happy and sustaining the business.

Cons*While benefits like vacation time and company perks increase, hourly pay and salary seem locked down now. Pay structure is skewed. From personal experience, you used to get high pay raises at evals like $1-$3 dollars more per hour more or thousands in salary, now you are given raises that are about even with cost of living increases every annual eval if you are lucky. Money seems to be pumped back into communal purposes rather than directly back to pay checks. There have been occasions where supervisors were paid less than their subordinates.

Questionable choices when it comes to staffing higher end positions. Very little transparency from B class management due to lack of communication. Some directors/managers (not all) are "green" and aren't motivational.

If you are not actively seeking the answer to a question by asking the correct people you will not receive it. It's a sink or swim type of learning experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more feedback to your supervisors. They like to know that their boss' bosses are on the same page.

Sucks!!

Chat Tech (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at HostGator.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pros is nothing at all. Cons: Everything about this company is a con! Wish the customers… Advice to Senior Management: YOU SUCK!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Were all sheep!

Junior Administrative (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Free lunch, finally worth eating gym in house game room is ok co-workers… Cons: They make it difficult to really take care of the customer with the quota Current rating system focuses on the company not the agent. Supervisors really dont… Advice to Senior Management: Back off and let us take care of our customers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on HostGator.com.

Worked for HostGator.com? Contribute to the Community!