There are newer employer reviews for HostGator.com

Never again

Current Employee - Front Line Representative in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Front Line Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at HostGator.com full-time

Pros

The people are friendly, massage days are nice. Ample parking now that we are in a new building. Paid lunches daily.

Cons

Repetitive mind numbing calls back to back, concerned more with quantity then quality for ridiculous quotas. We are just a number here. The pay is very lacking for the amount of rubbish that we have to deal with on a daily basis. If you want a raise be prepared to jump through many hoops. I have been lied to and taken advantage of to help land big contracts here and all that has happened was back to the front lines with you.

The move to the new data center was terrible. So many angry people all day for about 9 months. That was painful. Since the buy out it's been a call center mentality. Things are looking bleak. At least we have more desks now and can hire more people since the move to the new building. The question is can we get them to stay.....

Long time agents are burnt out, please do something to revitalize us. Get us off the front lines and onto something new. Or lose us.

reviews filtered by

Have tough skin, and you'll be alright

Former Employee - Junior Administrator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Administrator in Houston, TX

I worked at HostGator.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There was free lunch, no dress code, and plenty to learn. At Hostgator I was able to learn a ton things about troubleshooting website issues. Issues could stem from php, sql, html, css etc.

Cons

The only con with the company for me was the fact that some of the customers were complete jerks, and had the ability to totally destroy your good day. One thing I can say is that if you don't like being yelled at do not work here as a Junior Administrator, customers will tare you apart.

2. Good place for experience

Former Employee - Junior Administrator Level I in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Administrator Level I in Houston, TX

I worked at HostGator.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good training, and opportunity to quickly gain experience. Free lunch. No dress code. Laid back environment.

Cons

Lack of supervision/oversight - you are largely thrown onto the floor with minimal guidance. Some of the metrics are very difficult to achieve, especially on certain days/shifts.

Add more structure for new employees, and increases resources available for new hires. Reevaluate some of the metrics used for performance.

There are newer employer reviews for HostGator.com