There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

all down hill since we got a new distric manager

Current Employee - Lead Clerk in West Mifflin, PA
Current Employee - Lead Clerk in West Mifflin, PA

Pros

pay - customers are wonderful

Cons

no job security unfair labor practice - if your not a friend of the dm management needs walk our walk befor they pass judgement the fact that they are no longer paying our pention and no one is forcing them to that was part of our contract, it was a raise we were saving for our future where is that money the union told me if i want it i would have to get a attorney

Advice to Management

if i was doing your job i would of already been fired for not making my numbers now its your turn step down you don't know how to meet your numbers

Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands

in hell just waiting to get out of the fire so life can begin again,at this point anywhere would be better

Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS
    Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS

Pros

retirement,and if this was not in the next 5 years I might just shoot myself.But I wouldn't give them the sadisfaction!

Cons

management is made up of lazy people screwing people just to make there jobs easier and to get there friends in jobs that they dont deserve.Working splite days off, odd hours even working the alot of the holidays and always working the weekends unless you are part of the good ol'boy system that management has created.Never being able to go to speical events,take part in school fuctions with your kids because you either have to go to work or get up so early,and friends for get doing anything with them because they have normal jobs. Not one that makes there life so messed up beause every week your days are split and your days off change unless your are part of the good OL'boy club and its only because management can do it and laugh about it for the most part.

Advice to Management

you need to come in to the emporia plant and don't just take there word about what they do or don't do, but spend time there find out what they actually do over time then save some money by cutting there payroll and stop cutting jobs or combineing jobs for us the ones that make them look good but keep gettting screwed.

We climbed the mountain and tripped and fell at the top

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good pay, good benefits compared to most jobs

Cons

long, thankless hours and a very outdated and lazy management unless you call sitting at your desk all day reading and sending e-mails work. Get out a help an rsr with a display once in awhile

Advice to Management

The RSR's can't save the company alone. Take part in our effort and we can do this together. You may be able to con Mr. Driscoll but you can't con me. I've been at this over 32 years and know more than most of you, so "rise above the fray" and do something to help.