Not bad, be better if it was more stable

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay, benefits and expenses. Vacation is good too. I have enjoyed my territory as well.

Cons

unstable- Everyone in mid/senior leadership is there because of time on job and not knowledge, There is a lot of waste that goes in the trash that could be additional GP.

sell to a capable owner

Other Reviews for Hostess Brands

What Happened to this Company

Current Employee - Route Sales  in  Chickasaw, AL
    Current Employee - Route Sales in Chickasaw, AL

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always Hiring, good benefits, good guys to work with on the average

Cons

I have seen this company change drastically. I guess I am old Now, I made great money here 20 years ago. Now, things are ran by greedy, dishonest , unexperienced uppermanagement, who have NO BAKERY distribution training. This IS ASHAME FOR SURE. DM's hide behind emails and texts, never go out on the market, demanding things that they have NO CLUE about. A real Bread Man build a report with their customers. I could go on and ON , its sad. so much waste.

RECRUIT SOME OLDTIMERS, WHO UNDERSTAND DISTRIBUTION, this is not a soda delivivery company. GET SOME EXPERIENCE IN HERE. STOP THE GREED, STOP THE WASTE, NO WONDER YOU ALL LOOSE MONEY, GET OUT OF YOUR OFFICES AND GO CHECK OUT THE MARKET..OR IS IT TOO HOT??

work life of a salesman

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people to work with. The pay is fairly good. The benefits (for now) are alright. Immediate supervision is decent.

Cons

Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority. Second bankruptcy for the company since I've been with them. Doesn't look like we'll survive this one.

Get the bankruptcy situation resolved. Whichever way it goes is preferable to going months on end not knowing if the doors will be locked the next day you come in.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!