Hostess Brands

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

Do not work here

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

decent money, Get off work at a decent hour

Cons

upper management doesnt know anything, mismanagement of funds, treat employee's like crap. Keep taking more from the Route guys, we are already some of the lowest paid.

Learn what your doing

120 Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands (View Most Recent)

Slave Drivers who don't give you a fair chance to learn the job

Former Contractor - Production
    Former Contractor - Production

I worked at Hostess Brands as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent. From what I heard there's plenty of overtime.

Cons

Some of the trainers I had were nice but others acted as if you should already know how to do the job. They scheduled me to work in certain areas, but would move me to another area instead, sometimes they moved me before I even got started training and during training instead of letting the trainee stay on one task to learn it, they switched around which made it confusing. Some employees acted like they resented my being there. Some people were nice, but I could tell they all had their "clicks" and I didn't know if I would ever be accepted into one of them. A lot of times, I had to ask what to do because everyone would just run about doing their thing and leaving me in the dark. I got to work a total of six days through a temp agency before they decided they didn't want me back due to performance. I never got a fair chance to learn to do any of the jobs or to increase my speed. My first trainer told me (on my last day) that it was a slave driving company and they expected a lot, but not to worry, I would get better. I've never worked any where before that gave you one week of choppy, inconsistent, crash course training and expected you to perform like you'd been working there for six months to a year at the end of the week. It was "hell week" for me and although I would've liked to stay, mostly because of the pay, I'm glad it's over. A week full of back aches, little to no sleep because of being at work at 4 am and working 10 hr shifts, working with some people who wouldn't even speak to me (although a few were nice). There was one person who I'll miss. My first trainer, along with the two other people who work with her on a daily basis, they were genuinely nice to me and tried to train me properly without expecting me to perform miracles.

Develop better training methods with specific people to be trainers who aren't so arrogant they forget that they had to learn how to do the job too. I really don't think this advice or review will be taken seriously. I don't think this company really cares about their employees. They just care about the money.

Hostess Brands could be compared to the Titanic after it struck the icberg.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Salary and benefits are better than most comparable positions with other companies.

Cons

The company has hired so many people from the outside for upper management that we are top heavy. The new people do not understand the business and they have made one bad decision after another. They have held meetings asking the employees what needs to be done to turn the company around and they end up doing the opposite. In an effort to justify the cost of hiring more upper management they have been laying off the people on the front lines doing all the work which squeezes middle management to pick up the slack. They have eliminated positions without thinking of who was to do the work so the few of us who once cared, had to scramble to cover the workload even though it wasn't related to our job. The company is so inefficient now, It takes weeks to get things done that used to be done in just a few minutes. Now they are going to close most of the offices and outsource the work overseas. The morale is very low with most expecting impending doom for the company.

The company needs to eliminate the current inefficient structure and go back to the same structure it had when it made money. The routes will have to be sold.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands