Hostess Brands

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

What Happened to this Company

Current Employee - Route Sales in Chickasaw, AL
Current Employee - Route Sales in Chickasaw, AL

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always Hiring, good benefits, good guys to work with on the average

Cons

I have seen this company change drastically. I guess I am old Now, I made great money here 20 years ago. Now, things are ran by greedy, dishonest , unexperienced uppermanagement, who have NO BAKERY distribution training. This IS ASHAME FOR SURE. DM's hide behind emails and texts, never go out on the market, demanding things that they have NO CLUE about. A real Bread Man build a report with their customers. I could go on and ON , its sad. so much waste.

RECRUIT SOME OLDTIMERS, WHO UNDERSTAND DISTRIBUTION, this is not a soda delivivery company. GET SOME EXPERIENCE IN HERE. STOP THE GREED, STOP THE WASTE, NO WONDER YOU ALL LOOSE MONEY, GET OUT OF YOUR OFFICES AND GO CHECK OUT THE MARKET..OR IS IT TOO HOT??

116 Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands (View Most Recent)

work life of a salesman

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. The pay is fairly good. The benefits (for now) are alright. Immediate supervision is decent.

Cons

Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority. Second bankruptcy for the company since I've been with them. Doesn't look like we'll survive this one.

Get the bankruptcy situation resolved. Whichever way it goes is preferable to going months on end not knowing if the doors will be locked the next day you come in.

On balance, it has been a good company over my 30 years.

Current Employee - Shiping in Hodgkins, IL
    Current Employee - Shiping in Hodgkins, IL

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good pay for unskilled labor. Good benefits.

Cons

Inept management which has lead to our 2 bk's in 8 years. Lack of quality leadership at the top.

Close all the thrift stores. Close and consolidate bakeries. Cut bakery management in half. Eliminate varieties that do not sell. Get rid of anything owned by Hostess Brands that is not either specifically Hostess or Wonder Bread.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands