Forget your personal life

Former Employee - Route Sales
Former Employee - Route Sales

I worked at Hostess Brands

Pros

Decent pay and good benefits. Upper management was supportive and personable.

Cons

Typical day began around 4 am and ended around 3-4 pm. The pay is ok but when you consider the amount of hours put in it doesn't look so good. Many of the other employees were nearing retirement and they looked beat up and broken from so many years of physial labor and long hours. May be a good job for a few years but not for a life long career. When you are out on the road you are all alone. The trucks are old and very cold or hot depending on the time of year. Many of the receivers have no patients and look down upon you. It can be difficult to figure out your order for the coming week let alone the coming month. Deliveries should only be made 4 days a week. Most of the times, Fridays and Saturdays, the shelves were stocked and little needed to be put out. This resulted in a day where you were basically driving around for 9 hours straigtening shelves. For a week as long as it is, one more day off would be great.

Advice to Management

New trucks are needed, and they should be equipped with radios. (it gets boring on the road)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. All training is on-the-job, and most open positions are given to external candidates.

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Opportunities available for those with little or no education. Good benefits are available.

Cons

There are not many opportunities to advance in the bakeries, and most professional jobs are at the corporate level.

Advice to Management

Develop talent, and pay for performance.

2. We need to go back 30 years.

Current Employee - Route Salesman
    Current Employee - Route Salesman

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

It pays the bills, but just barley

Cons

Incompentance everywhere, It seems that the compant wants to survive but has know idea of how to do it. Makes cuts to personell at the wrong level and wrong people.

Advice to Management

Go back to the ideas that got you to where you were before things went bad. Let the local plants run themselves, GET RID OF ALL THE DAMN VARIETIES. sell the mail line and let the others try all the nickle and dime stuff. Let your sales staff do their job, Mr. Driscoll, Path To Market is a very bad idea, why have five people do the job of one? Get rid of the V.P.s we don't need 10 layers of management to do you job, and pay us what we are worth, you would be surprised what we could do if we were motovated (paid) to do so.