Would not recommend

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Hostess Brands

Pros

A lot of responsibility, depending on your position, supervisor, workload, etc. Fun corporate events every once in awhile Exposure to several brands

Cons

Run completely by the board (Ripplewood) for a short term financial gain, which means many bad decisions are made that hurt the business overall, but puts money in their pockets in the meantime. Very old-school mentalities--not laid back, kind of uptight, and plenty of discrimination

Advice to Management

Seek long term goals, keep yourself open to new opportunities rather than just doing things the exact same way you've done them in the past. History will repeat itself if you do the exact same thing that you were doing that got you into bankruptcy in the first place.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Neutral

Current Employee - Always There No Life in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Always There No Life in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

They have good benefits yeah

Cons

money taken out our check without permission couldnt vote non member

Advice to Management

Have compassion for others give back what we give to you, give us back our $$

2. Company doesn't return loyalty

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hostess Brands

Pros

You get payed on a regular basis Health benefits

Cons

Good ole boys network Management devalues anyone under them Refusal to recognize good work Does not give raises to mid level management Very bad moral among employees and management continues to just move around managers and rehire people known to be bad bosses. They refuse to clean house and get competent management. The get rid of anyone who seems to actually care about employees and the company instead of lining their own pockets.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Get rid of Sales Management, Bakery Managemen and almost everyone at Corporate. Make anyone who wants a management job actually work in a bakery and in sales for at least 2 weeks. Get rid of ALL HR employees and hire people that will actually work with employess and management. This will help temper the union issues.