Hostway
www.hostway.com Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

Lucas Roh is the worst CEO in US History. You cannot trust Lucas. Lucas is a liar.

Cubicle Worker (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsThe free lunch on Wednesday.

ConsThe company is a scary place. Senior leadership does not know how to run a hosting company. Hostway has downsized three time in the last year and fired the wrong people. Some employees are untouchable which means the hard working smart ones generally go in Hostway firing. Hostway is in serious financial trouble and they have to fire people to help pay a loan that they took out to buy the Fort Lauderdale office. The company will have to fire more and more in 2009 to make the payments. My prediction is Hostway will file for bankrupcy in 2009 or have to be sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to run a business. You are going down fast and you will continue to unless you get a turnaround expert in the Lead Staff team. Who is lead staff? lol. Nobody knows.

Good place to learn if you a willing to put up with under compensation and are very self-guided.

Systems Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Hostway

Pros: Challenging scaling issues due to management's unwillingness to spend money. Cons: Employees treated very unfairly and under compensated. Advice to Senior Management: Invest in smart people, not warm bodies. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hostway needs to take a good look around and see what they have lost and try to fix it.

Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Hostway

Pros: In the begining Hostway gave me the opportunity to learn and grow -… Cons: Management became unresponsive to employee needs - would not compensate people for how they performed but who they knew -… Advice to Senior Management: Really take a look at who is working for you and recognize your talent - Treat people fairly and with respect - Lucas needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hostway.

Worked for Hostway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hostway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hostway CEO John Martis. All reviews posted anonymously by Hostway employees.