Hostway

www.hostway.com
  www.hostway.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hostway

fairly good money, but no real care for employees

Current Employee - Sales in Sofia (Bulgaria)
Current Employee - Sales in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Hostway full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

for the standard of living I feel well compensated monetarily

Cons

no job security, declining sales, no real care for employees and no positive change to come

team building, perks, end of year bonuses - these will all help and make us proud to be working for the comapany.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Hostway (View Most Recent)

Not a very good experience, little advancement.

I have been working at Hostway

Pros

The quality of a subset of the people there is really top-shelf. They are what make going in to the workplace tolerable.

Cons

The company pays lip service to putting customers first, but does not enable the employees to make that happen. There is very little career advancement.

Recognize those who work hard and help the company. Get rid of the deadwood, and reward the people you have left.

IT beware.

Former Employee - Server Money
    Former Employee - Server Money

I worked at Hostway

Pros

The people I work with are great. My co-workers, as well workers from other departments, were willing to help me out when in need. I also learn a lot from my other workers as they had no issue in instructing me how to use a certain system or OS, how to configure a server to make their job easier. It was a great place to learn.

Cons

The CEO stated the company will not let go any of its own employees after it bought its rival, but that didn't last that long and had to let go its workers. All those great people who help me out in the past were fired as they were to expensive. Others left because out of spite towards the company on how they were treated. New upper manger had no people skills as he doesn't show a single ounce of empathy towards others. Fought for a raise as my pay was really low (compared to industry standard) and was receiving more expected tasks, ended up with the same pay and more work.

You guys ate to much debt when you bought your rivals. Next time plan out your debt repayment and ROI. It will also help if you guys follow Murphy's law when planning anything. Start treating your employees as people and acknowledge that they even exist. Listen to your workers. People won't be as jovial to work for a place where their willingness to advance position or skill is not acknowledge and nurtured. You may wave the carrot on the stick on front of the donkey but that will only last for so long and you'll have to feed the donkey a carrot, otherwise its just a cruel act.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostway